Thursday, March 22, 2012

support.

do you support your loved ones?  like really support them?  i've been wrapped up in a new job for the past three months, so much so; that i forgot to support the ones who have supported me the entire way.  chris is in school for sustainable agriculture.  he wants to be a farmer, an organic farmer.  i'm so proud of him it takes alot for me to contain myself when people ask how he is or how school's going for him.  and i'm so excited about the life that it will provide for us.  but it turns out, as excited as i am for him; he doesn't feel or see my excitement.  when he brings it up, i'm so wrapped up in MY world and MY life that i look at him like he's crazy and has five heads.  it's only at moments like these when i'm able to take a second away from the insanity and humble myself enough to see that maybe i'm not giving him the support that he needs.  not even just a 'hey babe, way to go, 4.0!!'  (he's supersmart by the way)  when i took this position as a retail store manager, i certainly didn't think i couldn't handle it, much less have it change me in the ways that it has.  as i've mentioned before, this job has turned me into something i don't even know.  a monster of the bitchiest proportion, one who sweats and screams and cries.  a child really.  not in front of my co-workers, never; but at home, definitely.  my multi-tasking, creative mind is now one tracked and has the sole purpose of being the responsible party.  is this what parenthood is like?  and if so, what of my husband, one day?  (poor guy)  good lord.  so, all this being said; i'd like to make an extra effort to support those who have supported me for so long and those that have been patient with me and basically just give a shout out to my incendiary domestic partner, chris.  i'd also like to challenge you to remember those who have supported you, think about them, thank them, pray for them, whatever it is you might want to do to commemorate their divine existence, because, really; if it weren't for them?

                                                             true love.

No comments:

Post a Comment